ERA Minnesota’s Statement on Sexual Harassment – November, 2017:
- ERA MN stands with the victims of sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, and sexual assault and laud their courage in speaking out.
- ERA MN is calling on perpetrators of sexual harassment to take responsibility and be held accountable. We call for them to be a part of changing the culture that has excused these behaviors, and the culture of imposing silence on the victims. ERA MN takes no position on resignations or outcomes.
- ERA MN states unequivocally that sexual harassment is at its heart a symptom of, and rises from inequality based on gender. Training will address the behaviors; ending gender-based inequality is the cure for the causes.
- ERA MN is calling on the Minnesota Legislature, and all Constitutional Officers to move passage of an Equal Rights Amendment to the Minnesota Constitution in the 2018 legislative session.
- ERA MN further calls on Senator Franken to champion final passage of the Equal Rights Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and we call on Minnesota’s Congressional Delegation to take the lead in supporting passage.