Here are some actions to take before the ERA Rally at the MN Capitol on Feb 12 and/or share with your people:
- Send letters/postcards to your state representatives & state senators. Find yours HERE: https://www.gis.lcc.mn.gov/iMaps/districts/. Be sure to add your name & address, and leave a simple, short message; i.e.
“Please champion the Equal Rights Amendment this session. Our rights shouldn’t depend on whichever party is in power. That’s why they need to be clear in the constitution. We all deserve equal rights and protections.” (Use your own words!)
- Call your legislators: Their numbers are listed HERE: https://www.leg.mn.gov/leg/legdir. Same message as above.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local media or the Star Tribune. Here is an example:
“It’s long past time that Minnesota should embed Minnesota values into our constitution by adding an Equal Rights Amendment. Our rights should not be left up to the whims of future reactionary legislators or courts. Everyone, no matter who they are or what they look like, deserves the same right to the same rights. Pass the equal rights amendment ballot initiative now to let the people vote on equality.” (In your own words).
- Invite all the generations to join us next Monday at 10 AM for our ERA Minnesota Lobby Day at the MN Capitol Rotunda. Sign up here to let us know you are coming and to receive updates: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/day-1-for-era-rally-at-the-capitol-tickets-796865775987?aff=oddtdtcreator
- Please share this graphic broadly: